Friday, December 21, 2012

Is Social Media Madness, Driving You Mad?


Have you been experiencing as much confusion as I have over which social media platform best serves your business, your product or you? I spend time every week trying to get a handle on the best way to market KAP Art in the crazy world of social media. We have LinkedIn accounts, a Facebook, and Pintrest, page. We’ve recently added Google+ to our repertoire. My understanding is Google+ is the next big thing with their addition of the “Google Plus Communities” feature. I follow a lot of smart people who seem to “get it”. They are passionate about social media marketing and seem to be well respected by peers, and are active on most social media platforms. So why the confusion…each platform is beginning to look just like it’s competitor. With the exception of Pintrest, the formatting and interaction of the varied platforms seems the same. I have been feeling some frustration, and find because there are so many platforms it is hard to do any single one well. I came across this article by John Souza “Social Media Madness: Are They AllBecoming Like Each Other?” which, after reading I feel I have been validated somewhat, I am not crazy!

Social Media platforms educate us. That is truly the greatest thing about them. I’m not sure how much business they generate for us, but the ability to learn from them is phenomenal! Hey, where else would I go to learn about Social Media Marketing if not for connecting with or following social media users? Ok, and I did make a chance purchase today because of links generated from a twitter post. Social media does work.

Happy Holidays.

No comments:

Post a Comment